PAD promotes the natural language of the Deaf (Sign Language). It is their right to use sign language. A sign language committee at PAD is working since many years and has published 5 books on Sign Language. One of the achievements of PAD in sign language was publication of Urdu grammar in Pakistani Sign Language. Mr. Irfan Mumtaz (sign language expert) work very hard and for the first time in Pakistan, was able to publish such book to help deaf students in learning Urdu Language. PAD has also developed signs for environment related terms and held nationwide seminar to standardize these signs and to raise awareness about environment protection (in collaboration with IUCN). PAD also developed 1st CD (ICT base learning tool) on Pakistan Sign Language in collaboration with IUCN.
List Of Books
1. Urdu Alphabet with letter, picture, word and Pakistani Sign repre
2. English Alphabet with letter, picture, word and Pakistani Sign representing symbol.
3. A dictionary of 500 words with supplement of 50 environmental word signs. New words on environment both in Urdu and English with signs and over 500 new word signs to enhance the vocabulary.
4. A comprehensive Urdu Grammar in Sign Language to teach correct and complete sentence construction (using signs) to develop reading and writing skills of Deaf children.
5. Traffic Signs for Deaf drivers in sign language. Tested
6. 1st CD (ICT base learning tool) on Pakistan Sign Language.